Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Things of childhood dreams or maybe it was nightmares...


These are the creatures that filled my imagination and hid in my closet when I was a child. I am convinced that we have met before this artist created them. I am in love with these clothing and scrap built "No Names". They take over the gallery at night... and I wouldn't believe you if you told me differently.

My first encounter with Elisabeth Higgins O'Connor's sculptures happened when visiting L.A. for the CAA conference in 2009. I came across these "No Names" at David Salow Gallery in chinatown and fell in love:
Me falling in love.

Recently these things appeared in the show Stitches at the Armory Center for the Arts in Pasadena, CA. I was surprised and delighted to walk into the gallery and be greeted by these moody characters.

You can check out Elisabeth Higgins O'Connor here:
http://www.elisabethhigginsoconnor.com/Art_NoNames_01/NoNames_01_01.html
there are more pics of the "No Names"
and
The Armory Center show Stitches here:
http://www.armoryarts.org/epk/stitches/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment